Welcome to Flyfishing Vancouver Island BC | Single Spey Flyfishing Adventures | www.BCFlyGuide.com

Thanks for viewing my first blog. For more info about my guide service view www.bcflyguide.com or if you have questions about flyfishing Vancouver Island in general please feel free to ask. This site's all about Flyfishing Vancouver Island with some great pictures from guided & personal fishing trips, new flies I'm tying, whats new & all that other good stuff related to casting a fly on island waters! Flyfishing, guiding and my passion for this sport is always growing. I hope this blog will assist those of you in keeping up on what I'm up to here, and why I think Vancouver Island BC is so under rated for it's Flyfishing opportunities. Thanks for visiting and come again, regards.

Friday, July 17, 2009


Hey gang, I've been thinking about these Campbell River Summer Steelhead a little lately being in my back yard & all... I haven't caught one yet but know of a few that have been landed so maybe it's a start to a good season. The Salmon are late as well so who knows. One thing I love about fishing Summer Steelhead on Vancouver Island is that all one needs is a small & simple sparsely tied pattern. Our fairly warm & gin clear water in the Campbell River makes these fish extremely aggressive and it doesn't take much of anything swimming into their zone to get their attention! Black & Blue has always been a favoured fly for larger off colored water & winter fishing usually tied much larger & on a tube. I thought earlier that a small black & blue pattern was missing in my collection of summer fishing excursions so I just tied this fly on a #6 tiemco hook. These hooks are great! they are on heavy wire, a nice design at a fair price unlike the Salmon & Steelhead 7999 tiemco which I feel is over-rated at the best of times. Fishing this fly with a long leader & floating line will be a pleasure whether I hook a fish or not . Wish me luck as I am about to embark on a lower river float in search of a new summer run arriving to my home waters:) Catch the blog later to see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment