Welcome to Flyfishing Vancouver Island BC | Single Spey Flyfishing Adventures | www.BCFlyGuide.com

Thanks for viewing my first blog. For more info about my guide service view www.bcflyguide.com or if you have questions about flyfishing Vancouver Island in general please feel free to ask. This site's all about Flyfishing Vancouver Island with some great pictures from guided & personal fishing trips, new flies I'm tying, whats new & all that other good stuff related to casting a fly on island waters! Flyfishing, guiding and my passion for this sport is always growing. I hope this blog will assist those of you in keeping up on what I'm up to here, and why I think Vancouver Island BC is so under rated for it's Flyfishing opportunities. Thanks for visiting and come again, regards.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Saltwater Fly-Fishing / Beach fishing for Coho!


In the last few days I've been trying out my new boat on the beaches in our area. Yesterday I witnessed 2 pods of Killer Whales swim by while I was rowing around looking for Salmon... Although the picture of the Orca isn't the greatest, you could imagine what it feels like to be in a little boat while these monsters are near by! I watched as these whales came completely out of the water at times in amazement, can't see that on the river! The beach is always a challenge to get guests to try out. Salmon fishing & still water is hard to comprehend for those from other places I feel as most have never had the opportunity like we do here in our waters. It's one fishery that once you experience it you're usually hooked! Today I fished with a friend who invited me to Nile Creek near Qualicam Beach on Vancouver Island. We both hooked a few Coho while Stripping in Bait patterns, it was a beauty day with a few nice fish in between. The ticket was to place your fly on or around the jumping / finning fish & start stripping your fly fast! I managed to land one of the fish I hooked, shook the other off and missed a few more on the Grab... It's a very exciting way to fish, casting at wild feeding salmon up to 20 lbs. When I was rowing back to the car I heard my friend hook up on a great fish, In the distance I could see this fish leaping while my friend was howling with excitment, wish I could have got the pic of it leaping out of the air which I attemped with the previous fish:) This fishery is just starting to get good this season in the Campbell river area, looking forward to more of it this next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment