Welcome to Flyfishing Vancouver Island BC | Single Spey Flyfishing Adventures | www.BCFlyGuide.com

Thanks for viewing my first blog. For more info about my guide service view www.bcflyguide.com or if you have questions about flyfishing Vancouver Island in general please feel free to ask. This site's all about Flyfishing Vancouver Island with some great pictures from guided & personal fishing trips, new flies I'm tying, whats new & all that other good stuff related to casting a fly on island waters! Flyfishing, guiding and my passion for this sport is always growing. I hope this blog will assist those of you in keeping up on what I'm up to here, and why I think Vancouver Island BC is so under rated for it's Flyfishing opportunities. Thanks for visiting and come again, regards.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Kens Fishing Update

A great experience for one of my guests after hooking a couple of beauty little Summer Steelhead. This awesome little fish ripped up the pool yesterday cartwheeling around and showing what any Steelhead is all about. Aggressive, full of strength and not to take for granted! We had a fish take a look at our dry fly but deny it so we chose to try a small wet pattern and hooked up on two fish within 10 minutes. The first fish tore up the pool leaping in every direction over 5 times. Our waters couldn't be much lower so fishing carefully making efforts with every cast being just right pays off... Small patterns casting upstream from behind the fish is best with these conditions. Rain would be well received right now but a fishing guide simply doesn't have those powers so make the best of it and sometimes great results come along! There's bigger fish in the pools but we're happy with any wild Summer Steelhead willing to play, need to get out again soon after my mouth heals from getting my wisdom teeth pulled this morning, dentists aren't nice are they?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment