Welcome to Flyfishing Vancouver Island BC | Single Spey Flyfishing Adventures | www.BCFlyGuide.com

Thanks for viewing my first blog. For more info about my guide service view www.bcflyguide.com or if you have questions about flyfishing Vancouver Island in general please feel free to ask. This site's all about Flyfishing Vancouver Island with some great pictures from guided & personal fishing trips, new flies I'm tying, whats new & all that other good stuff related to casting a fly on island waters! Flyfishing, guiding and my passion for this sport is always growing. I hope this blog will assist those of you in keeping up on what I'm up to here, and why I think Vancouver Island BC is so under rated for it's Flyfishing opportunities. Thanks for visiting and come again, regards.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Quick Update

We've has some good catching lately...  The coho we've encountered have been large in size but aren't big biters... something in the water I guess or lack there of. We saw Orcas again at the mouth of a droughted river that is in dire need of rain; maybe that's why these fish aren't cooperating! We hooked one large Coho which broke my clients line shortly after hooking, just not much luck with these large Silvers... Today we hooked dollies & pinks, encountered a bear, eagle and whales all competing for our precious fish:) The summer steelhead are still biting well in this low water and some are even taking a shot at our dry flies... the rain is landing as we speak and I pray it makes it to the rivers:) I guided some guests from Dolphins Resort today, great people with a passion to fish in any conditions, even with the 25knot wind we had they kept on casting with no hesitation, simply charming... they caught fish too! Fall is on the horizon and with it comes new fish and hopefully more water:)

No comments:

Post a Comment