Welcome to Flyfishing Vancouver Island BC | Single Spey Flyfishing Adventures | www.BCFlyGuide.com

Thanks for viewing my first blog. For more info about my guide service view www.bcflyguide.com or if you have questions about flyfishing Vancouver Island in general please feel free to ask. This site's all about Flyfishing Vancouver Island with some great pictures from guided & personal fishing trips, new flies I'm tying, whats new & all that other good stuff related to casting a fly on island waters! Flyfishing, guiding and my passion for this sport is always growing. I hope this blog will assist those of you in keeping up on what I'm up to here, and why I think Vancouver Island BC is so under rated for it's Flyfishing opportunities. Thanks for visiting and come again, regards.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dad / Son time on the Water

It's amazing how an early fishing experience can stick with a person for life! My father took me fishing many a day when I was old enough to hold a fishing rod and I still remember those days clearly... I don't remember many things from my youth so I'm guessing the outdoors, the smells, sounds and just being one with the environment is something that's never really forgotten once experienced. As I got a little older and had opportunities to get on the water it just felt right because it never really changes out there when walking through the trees, near a lake or stream, the sounds and smells are similar and pure as you know them and simply put it is a real experience! I say this because many other things in life are cool to experience but are often novelties or trends within society that come and go throughout ones life. It seems the older I get the more I value the true things I have brought into my life and work! I guess where I'm going with all this is I feel lucky these quality times as a youth outdoors fishing were instilled in me as what real good things are, and they are some of the only true things in my life other than family! Where I go fishing are places I can always count on to ground me with pleasure through good and tough times. It's ironic that the things I ignored the most when fishing as a youth are the things I value more & more every time I get out! I now understand now more than ever how important it is to get youngsters on the water or simply outdoors experiencing what's real and will always be. These pictures were taken last summer in our back yard of a father & son having a great time catching pink salmon on a fly. A fishery that's just perfect for new comers to the sport of fly-fishing and I'm privledged to get to witness and share these experiences with others introducing a sport that needs to live strong within the young people in our community! I see youngsters quite a bit near our property fishing and think it's the greatest thing when they are on the water whatever their fishing style is... I have posted a couple of videos recently on youtube that are of this same fishery of friends and clients having a blast hooking these great fish that often turn newcomers into fishing finatics. To view them just key word fly-fishing for salmon / Campbell River. If you want to book a trip to experience this great fishery along with other great fishing opportunities in July, contact us at flyguide@telus.net

No comments:

Post a Comment