Welcome to Flyfishing Vancouver Island BC | Single Spey Flyfishing Adventures | www.BCFlyGuide.com

Thanks for viewing my first blog. For more info about my guide service view www.bcflyguide.com or if you have questions about flyfishing Vancouver Island in general please feel free to ask. This site's all about Flyfishing Vancouver Island with some great pictures from guided & personal fishing trips, new flies I'm tying, whats new & all that other good stuff related to casting a fly on island waters! Flyfishing, guiding and my passion for this sport is always growing. I hope this blog will assist those of you in keeping up on what I'm up to here, and why I think Vancouver Island BC is so under rated for it's Flyfishing opportunities. Thanks for visiting and come again, regards.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Single Spey Flyfishing update

Again I have to say sorry for not posting more... Life can be all over the place being a guide, and at times I'd rather not be on the computer bla bla bla... one can get so caught up in on-line stuff that they often miss out on in my opinion the good, real things in life! Life has been good and challenging in ways lately, but there's also been great stuff along the way. Our spring visit to Skeena area in May proved tuff on the catching side of things as very few fish showed in the weeks we were up there. covering miles of water in a number of watersheds seeing very little in the way of even a trout! OK we did catch a few Trout and Steelhead but in amongst thousands of casts! The ratio was very unbalanced for a fishery which is promoted as one of the last great wild watersheds on the pacific coast. We will be in Terrace again in July guiding and hope to see some changes... Back on the island its now spring trout season and we've been getting some good Cutthroat trout along the way. I recently upgraded my raft with a complete new rowing / fishing frame for fishing from the boat on some waters. the other day we were out on it testing out the platforms, thigh bars and new pulley set up on anchor and i am pleased over all.. It's definately an up grade overall and I'm excited to get people on the water with it. the season is starting with good high water levels and lots of run off to come so our water levels should hold nice into late July allowing us to float waters other wise too low in summer season on Vancouver Island. Thats it for now, hope to keep you posted and please look us up on Facebook / Twitter as well, we're getting up to speed on line slowly but surely, almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment