Welcome to Flyfishing Vancouver Island BC | Single Spey Flyfishing Adventures | www.BCFlyGuide.com

Thanks for viewing my first blog. For more info about my guide service view www.bcflyguide.com or if you have questions about flyfishing Vancouver Island in general please feel free to ask. This site's all about Flyfishing Vancouver Island with some great pictures from guided & personal fishing trips, new flies I'm tying, whats new & all that other good stuff related to casting a fly on island waters! Flyfishing, guiding and my passion for this sport is always growing. I hope this blog will assist those of you in keeping up on what I'm up to here, and why I think Vancouver Island BC is so under rated for it's Flyfishing opportunities. Thanks for visiting and come again, regards.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

July update 2012

Been on the water a little, rivers are just starting to shape up, or should I say down... to a nice level! Some were too high to fish, crazy for this time of year, the Campbell River has been lowered to a fishable level but still high, caught some Cutthroat today on it. I also had a nice swim in the Sandy pool, cold water still!!! Anytime now we'll see returning salmon in the Campbell, maybe a few Steelhead arrive if we're lucky. Other rivers have proven to be exceptional for numbers of summer fish returning from what I've heard from other anglers, personally haven't been on those rivers quite enough to give confident numbers... I've also heard about some Pinks around too, slightly earlier than last season so far, could be another great season that way. I'm getting pumped about the season now but what comes is great fishing in too many places all at once!! It's frustrating one can't get on all of them in a season never mind when they are fishing well.. I try to experience new waters every year and usually manage a few new spots yearly; but so far there's no sight as to when I've covered all Vancouver Island waters I'm interested in! Too much water, too little time! :) my busy time is about to arrive, and yes I will be posting more consistently...<*)}}}><

No comments:

Post a Comment